Sunday, March 1st, 2020
START TIME & LOCATION
The 1 Mile Walk will be held at the Ma’alaea Triangle located at 300 Ma’alaea Rd., Wailuku, HI 96793.
Start time for the 1 Mile Walk/Run is at 7:00 am and walkers will be staged behind the 5k runners.
Start Line for both the 1 Mile fun run/walk and 5K run will be at the same place. Participants will be led to the start line after a brief safety announcement.
The finish line will be located at the parking lot area off of Hauoli St.
Post race refreshments will be located at the finish line area. Have your school set up a tent for a post race party!
PACKET PICK UP
Packet pickup locations
Packet pickup for both the 5K and 1 Mile Keiki run/walk will be held as follows:
Saturday, February 29, 2020 – 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Location – Adventure Sports Maui, 400 Hana Hwy., Kahului, HI 96732
Pets & Strollers
No pets are allowed on both the 1 Mile or 5K courses. Strollers are allowed on the 1 Mile run/walk course.
Plenty of parking is available at the event site. Please be sure to lock your vehicles and do not leave valuables in your vehicles.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
- Stay hydrated! Drink water….
- Arrive on time to start line
- Warm up properly
- Use the aid station on the course
- Make sure you have race bib on correctly in front of body
- Make sure you have emergency contact information with you.
- Run smart and don’t over do it
- Have fun and take pictures if you want!!!
Smoking or Vaping will not be allowed near the finish line area. Please adhere to this request.
RACE ETIQUETTE AND POLICIES
- Be aware of traffic and surroundings at all times both during and pre/post events. If you need to cross the street at any time, look before you do so.
- The use of iPods, mp3 players, or any other devices which distract you, are discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants.
- Always follow the directions of all race officials, Police and emergency service personnel.
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic.
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right.
- Wheelchair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering.
RACE TIMING AND RESULTS
Walkers will get a “Walk” bib.
The 1 Mile event is an untimed, fun run/walk which goes in the same direction as the 5K run. If you decide to switch to the 5K run you must notify us prior to the start of the race or you will not be timed. You will need to pay the additional cost of $5.00 to be timed and you will then receive a new numbered race bib.