Sunday, March 1st, 2020
START TIME & LOCATION
The 5K race will be held at the Ma’alaea Triangle located at 300 Ma’alaea Rd., Wailuku, HI 96793.
Start time for the 5K race is at 7:00 am .
Start Line for both the 5K and 1 Mile fun run/walk will be at the same place. Participants will be led to the start line after a brief safety announcement.
The finish line will be located at the parking lot area off of Hauoli St.
Post race refreshments will be located at the finish line area. Have your school set up a tent for a post race party!
Awards ceremony will begin at approximately 8:30 am at the finish line area.
PACKET PICK UP
Packet pickup locations
Packet pickup for both the 5K and 1 Mile Keiki run/walk will be held as follows:
Saturday, February 29, 2020 – 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Location – Adventure Sports Maui, 400 Hana Hwy., Kahului, HI 96732
Pets & Strollers
Pets are not allowed on the 5K course. Strollers are allowed but must start behind all runners.
Plenty of parking is available at the event site. Please remember to lock your vehicles and do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
- Stay hydrated! Drink water….
- Arrive on time to start line
- Warm up properly
- Use the aid station on the course
- Make sure you have race bib on correctly in front of body
- Make sure you have emergency contact information with you.
- Run smart and don’t over do it
- Have fun and take pictures if you want!!!
Smoking or Vaping will not be allowed near the finish line area. Please adhere to this request.
RACE ETIQUETTE AND POLICIES
- Be aware of traffic and surroundings at all times both during and pre/post events. If you need to cross the street at any time, look before you do so.
- The use of iPods, mp3 players, or any other devices which distract you, are discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants.
- Always follow the directions of all race officials, Police and emergency service personnel.
- Slower runners or walkers must start from the rear of the field.
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic.
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right.
- Wheelchair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering.
RACE TIMING AND RESULTS
- Make sure bib is fixed in the front of your body, not in the back.
- Make sure it is visible to race officials when on course and coming through finish line.
- If not visible, your time or placement will not be accurate.
- If you decide to switch to the 1 Mile walk you must notify us prior to the start of the race. You will be issued a new “Walk” race bib. If you do not notify us in advance your participation while using the 5K race bib may affect the outcome of the awards.
- Race bibs cannot be transferred to another participant.
If you lose your bib number or do not wear it or if it is not visible to race officials at the finish line, you will not be timed. Results will be posted at the finish / refreshment area. Results will also be posted online at this website later on that day.